I’ve Finally Received An Award!
After I was egregiously snubbed by the LAMMYs last year, I was bitter from a long time. Nah, not really. I got over that. Not that many knew my existed back then. I received word today by Blake from Bitchin’ Film Reviews that I received a “Kreativ Blogger” award.
My prepared statement: “Oh, my god! Thank you for this tremendous honor. I have never received for my writing before. I would cherish this always. I would like the thank the LAMB for allowing me into their organization. My fellow film bloggers that I have supported and who have supported me back with their feedback. The asshole studio executives who churn out mindless crap for me to gladly eviscerate. To my non-supportive family that doesn’t believe in my dream to write. It make me that much more determined to chase it harder everyday. Thank you very much.”
Here are the stipulations upon receiving the award:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
I was surprised that I presented this award by Blake, because we have known each other for a short time because 1001 Movie Club. I have been following his blog ever since. Thank you for choosing me.
7 things about myself? Hmm… let’s see. That’s hard to do because I am uninteresting person. What the hell? I’ll give it a shot.
1. I have an uncanny ability to recall any movie that somebody is talking about without going on the internet. I referred myself as “Broogle”.
2. I was give the opportunity to self-publish a memoir in poem, but the cost was too expensive for me to go ahead.
3. I am double jointed in only place in my body. My left thumb!
4. I have the uncanny ability to attract crazy, mentally unstable people towards me.
5. I am dyslexic.
6. I could take a good game, but I am a shy person in real life.
7. I was heavily into YouTube. I had an account and made over 250 videos in the two years I was there. I closed my account, because I didn’t have anything else to say.
I hope that was good enough for you as it was for me.
The nominating part will be easier, because I see that the people I will nominate haven’t posted about this yet. I might hit the curve.
I would like to nominate:
Heather and Jim at Movie Mobsters – Heather has been one of the first people that I have supported my blog and I am eternally grateful to her. Jim contributes to this blog as well as his own blog, Napier’s News. Sometimes I have to get on Heather for liking movies that I don’t, but I love that we could agree to disagree.
Marshall at Marshall at the Movies – Marshall’s blog is fascinating that he could have film reviews, random factoids and could have room for Oscar talk. Anybody talking about Oscar is high on my list of must see.
Aiden at Cut the Crap Movie Reviews – I anticipate each blog post made by Aiden. As his title says, he cuts the crap about movie reviews. It’s a every-man’s way of reviewing a movie. He doesn’t give highfalutin language. He tells it like it is. I like that. Plus, his polls are always so good.
Chazz at Gone Cinema Poaching – I have known Chazz for quite a while because we are avid listeners of the Cinebanter podcast. He was the guy that encouraged me to make the jump from Blogger to WordPress last April. Even though, he has gone back to the enemy. I gave him grief about. I love the way that his site has grown and evolve over this time.
Steve and Brian at The Film Cynics – I have communicated more with Steve than Brian. I still love you guys. Steve and I had some disagreements in the past about movies I liked and he didn’t and vice versa. I listen to their podcast when it comes on. It was nice that Steve gave me a little plug to a small section of Canadians.
Caz at Let’s Go to the Movies – Caz is a blogger that talk about trailers, posters as well as film reviews. Caz also has random quote of the day or a new feature, “Recreating the Movie.” Nice touch.
Alex DeLarge at Korova Theatre Presents – Alex’s blog is for the classic film buff. He does some sporadic new film reviews. Most of his reviews are movies I never heard of. He has given me some great suggestions for films to check out in the past.
I have you have survived this massive post. I almost didn’t.